Technology Transactions; Privacy and Data Security; Copyright and Trademark
Stacy Streur represents small business owners in connection with technology transactions; copyright and trademark issues; and, privacy and data security matters.
Stacy Baygood Streur LLM, CIPP/US
Stacy Streur concentrates her practice in the areas of software licensing, cloud contracts, internet law, privacy and data security law, copyright and trademark licensing and entertainment law. She has an LLM in Intellectual Property and holds the Certified Information Privacy Professional credential from the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She has published both fiction and non-fiction, and her articles have appeared in The Docket: Publication of the Lake County Bar Association, The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, and the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property. She teaches Intellectual Property Law and is a frequent speaker on such topics as “Understanding Cloud Contracts” and “Privacy and Data Security Requirements for Small Business Owners.”
- Record Retention and Proper Document and Data Disposal for Illinois Lawyers, The Docket: Publication of the Lake County Bar Association, June 2014.
- Penalties Abound for Violating Marketing Laws, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, November 7, 2013, page 4.
- The eBay Effect: Tougher Standards but Courts Return to the Prior Practice of Granting Injunctions for Patent Infringement, 8 Nw. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 67 (2009). http://www.law.northwestern.edu/journals/njtip/v8/n1/4/
- Working in the Cloud: Evaluating Contracts and Managing Costs.
- Privacy and Data Security: Is the US Business Community Hacking It?
- Current Topics in Privacy and Data Security for Small Businesses with Special Attention to Lawyers and Law Firms.
- Online Newsletters and Compliance with the CAN SPAM Act & Document Disposal in Illinois.