Lesley Wallerstein is a registered patent attorney. She earned a science degree from MIT. She was also a patent examiner for several years, reviewing international patent applications in biomechanical engineering devices, pharmaceuticals, alternative energy technologies, cutting edge textiles and sporting goods. She has a keen eye for identifying inventiveness and an unparalleled command of the written word.
Lesley is equally skilled describing how marimba resonator caps amplify fundamental tones as she is arguing why a trademark is entitled to registration. She has successfully prosecuted patents and trademarks others thought impossible. To see her issued patents, click here.
The Chicago legal community recognizes Lesley as a leader and trusted advisor in intellectual property law. She has been named an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2019, 2020 and 2021. This is a distinction reserved for only the top 5% of lawyers in the state.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., Biology
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
- Boston University, M.A.T., Secondary Science Education
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council certified
- Selected as an Illinois SuperLawyer® 2019-2022
Volunteer and Community Service:
- MIT Education Council